Statement of Purpose
Service provider ID1-199714244
Location ID 1-547683009
The practice is a full partnership. Not a limited liability partnership.
- Dr Julian Peace
- Dr David Baron
- Dr Peter Moulsher
- Dr Rebecca Davenport
- Dr Haymesh Patel
- Dr Lucy Gill
Dr David Baron
Registered manager ID CONI-522577858
Aims and Objectives
- To provide high quality, safe, professional Primary Health Care General Practice
services to our patients.
- To focus on prevention of disease by promoting health and wellbeing and offering
care and advice to our patients.
- To work in partnership with our patients, their families and carers towards a positive
experience and understanding, involving them in decision making about their
treatment and care.
- To be a learning organisation that continually improves what we are able to offer
- To treat patients as individuals and with the same respect we would want for
ourselves or a member of our families, listening and supporting people to express their needs and wants and enabling people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control.
- To work in partnership with other agencies to tackle the causes of, as well as provide the treatment for ill health and where appropriate involve other professionals in the care of our patients.
- To encourage our patients to communicate with us by joining our Patient Participation Group, talking to us, participating in surveys, and feeding back on the services that we offer.
- To ensure all staff have the competency and motivation to deliver the required standards of care ensuring that all members of the team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently.
- To take care of our staff offering them support to do their jobs and to protect them against abuse.
- Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse.
- To provide our patients and staff with an environment which is safe and friendly.
- To operate on a financially sound basis.
Regulated Activity 1
Treatment of disease, disorder and injury.
Provision of Covid-19 vaccination.
Regulated Activity 2
Regulated Activity 3
Diagnostic and screening procedures
Regulated Activity 4
Maternity and Midwifery
Description of practice and location
Valley Medical Centre is situated in North Sheffield adjacent the Barnsley boundary and has
around 9600 patients. The practice covers both a rural and urban geographic area, including
Stocksbridge, Deepcar, Midhopestones, Bolsterstone, Langsett, Greenmoor and Thurgoland.
There are six GP partners and three salaried GPs (four male and five female). They are
supported by a full team of nursing – including nurses, health care assistant and
phlebotomy, and administrative staff – including management, secretarial, administration
and reception. Attached staff include health visitors, district nurses and midwives.
The building was purpose built during the 1960s and has had various modernisation and
expansion schemes over the last fifty years. All the surgery is on one level and is Disability
Discrimination Act compliant.
The surgery is fully computerised and offers online booking and ordering services via its
website. The surgery provides a wide range of family services including: Asthma Clinic,
Diabetic Clinic, Minor Surgery, Family Planning, Ear syringing, Blood tests, Anticoagulation, Cervical Screening, BP Clinic, ECG,
Post Natal and Child Health Clinics. Our premises host Physiotherapy, Occupational Health, and Counselling Services.
The practice runs a Patient Participation Group.